iPerimenopause: My Hybrid Book For Women Has a Hardcover Now

Hi there, 

Today, I spent hours creating the hardcover and paper print cover of "iPerimenopause." 

I used to be quite skilled at designing covers in various styles and colors. However, it has been four years since I last worked on one, and I seem to have forgotten almost everything. I had to start from scratch and learn it all over again. It's frustrating, and my head is spinning with a headache. I'm annoyed. 

hardcover hibrid book red and white


You see, I have a condition called aphantasia, which means I have a blind mind or lack the ability to visualize images mentally. Aphantasia is the inability to create mental pictures. Due to this, my creativity feels nonexistent. I cannot envision how something looks until I see it. If you find this concept confusing and think, "What is she talking about? I can't see either," you might also have a blind mind, potentially caused by something else.  

But don't worry. Aphantasia is not a disease, and there's nothing to fear or lose unless you desire to visualize and recall faces, places, or imagine something you've never seen before. In those instances, it can be frustrating. Otherwise, you're unaffected.  

Of course, if you're a designer, cover designer, architect, or similar profession, not being able to visualize poses challenges. The ability to mentally visualize is like a superpower to me, and I believe those who possess it are superhuman. I, on the other hand, am an ordinary mortal. I was denied this power, perhaps because I was a very bad person in a previous life. Who knows what I visualized and made happen, resulting in the lack of visualization in this existence.   

It's not cool, but I don't dwell on it much these days. In the past, I used to be extremely frustrated because I didn't realize my mind was blind. I spent months trying to visualize, studying and practicing, thinking that if everyone else could do it, so could I. I believed I simply didn't know how to do it. I tried so hard that at some point, it felt like my brain was bleeding. It was quite scary, and maybe it did bleed, as I haven't fared well for a long time.  

However, I've been through so much that it's possible that it wasn't solely due to aphantasia.

Anyway, I ain't thrilled with the cover, but hey, it's the best I could whip up for now. I mean, it's kinda growing on me. It went through like 30 different versions, starting off as something completely different. So what you're staring at right now is just the final iteration because, honestly, I'm not exactly in my prime shape, you know?  

Back in the day, I used to dish out cash to hire professionals for my covers, but dang, it took me forever to explain what I had in mind. Thanks to my lovely aphantasia, of course. Eventually, I just threw my hands up and told them, "Do whatever floats your creative boat." Not the wisest way to spend money when my mind refuses to conjure up the visuals of what I'm actually thinking about.  

"iPERIMENOPAUSE: The Latest Upgrade to the Operating System of my Life - Malfunction: Hormonal Mayhem," my hibrid book in electronic version is available for pre-orders on amazon: https://amzn.to/3N1vCEn

I'm absolutely smitten with the color red too! It's vibrant and captivating. But hold on a sec, did you just say you're seeing double? Whoa, that's not good. I mean, I've had my fair share of marathon sessions staring at a screen, obsessing over every tiny detail, but seeing double takes it to a whole new level!  

Maybe it's time for a break, my friend. Step away from the monitor, give your eyes a well-deserved rest, and let them recover from all the intense focus. Take a stroll, enjoy the view outside, and give your peepers a chance to reset. Trust me, it'll do wonders for your vision and sanity!

I'm going to grab a bite now because I'm starving. I've got this incredible soup I whipped up last night, more of a pasta e fagioli style, and trust me, it's to die for. No kidding. It's 100% vegan and absolutely perfect for menopausal women or even perimenopausal ones like me. Honestly, I don't even know if I'm menopausing or perimenopausing. Figuring it out is like solving a Rubik's Cube blindfolded.  

That's what I poured into the pages of my hybrid book, which now flaunts this fancy red hardcover. "iPerimenopause: The Latest Upgrade or Downgrade to the Operating System of My Life - Malfunction: Hormonal Mayhem" is a survival guide for all the ladies out there who feel like they've lost touch with themselves. They're scared, exhausted, and utterly befuddled. Trust me, I've been there too.  

iPerimenopause: My Hybrid Book For Women is coming out on the 3rd of June 2023 in all versions possible. 

But fret not, my friend. I'll spill more beans in my next post. Thanks a bunch for reading, you're a trooper! 

Post a Comment

In a world of negativity, critics, war, and sadness, be an author of positivity, spreading smiles and hugs like a joyful warrior!
PS: If you have something you'd like to share with me privately, please utilize the contact form. Thank you for your valuable time and thoughtful consideration.

Previous Post Next Post