I did it! "iPERIMENOPAUSE: Hormonal Mayhem" is available in paperback & eBook

I did it!

"iPERIMENOPAUSE: The Latest Upgrade to the Operating System of my Life - Malfunction: Hormonal Mayhem" is now available in both paperback and eBook formats!

The journey of this book launch has been quite a ride. I poured my heart and soul into publishing and promoting it, investing not only money but also countless hours of my time. On the launch day, June 3rd, 2023, I found myself tweaking the paperback cover multiple times to ensure the description on the back was easily readable.

After a forced four-year hiatus from writing, I made an epic comeback. Well, that's what the press releases say about me, Cristina Gherghel. Honestly, I haven't read any of them because I'm afraid to do so. I know at least one was written by someone I paid to handle the distribution.

I never anticipated the need for a separate Amazon author profile under my current name, which I have been using since 2022. I look forward to the day when I won't have to highlight this anymore. With numerous blogs, social networks, and video platforms under my belt, I certainly didn't need two more author profiles on Amazon and Goodreads. But for now, it is what it is, and I take full responsibility for the extra effort required to reestablish myself as an author.

I'm not one to dwell on past mistakes. I simply don't have the energy. In fact, after submitting the cover for the print version of "iPERIMENOPAUSE: The Latest Upgrade to the Operating System of my Life - Malfunction: Hormonal Mayhem," I had plans to write at least six blog posts to promote it across various platforms. Unfortunately, an unprecedented exhaustion engulfed me, halting my progress abruptly. Even now, I feel the weight of fatigue descending upon me, but I must fight it.

Yesterday, I had to stop everything at 6 PM, after publishing thispost (click to read. It will take to another blog of mine) and struggling to produce a decent piece of writing. Confused and lying in bed, I tried to comprehend what was happening. While I'm accustomed to hard work and setbacks, this level of exhaustion is foreign to me. It's not worse, just different. Unlike before, when I could push through exhaustion and keep working, it now feels as if an external force is physically restraining me from typing and thinking. My head feels heavy, and my fingers move sluggishly, like lead.

This experience has given me a newfound understanding of those who say, "I can't do it." I needed to feel this sentiment myself to truly grasp its devastating impact.

I understand that it's the perimenopause and hormonal fluctuations that contribute to these feelings. The heaviness in my head still persists, though it's less painful. 
Perhaps I'm on my way to menopause. Fingers crossed.

Combining that with the book launch and the promotion campaign, which go against my natural inclination, created a ticking time bomb of stress and fatigue. It was clear to me that I needed to stop and acknowledge the limits of my body and mind, as pushing further would only lead to burnout.

However, I didn't anticipate waking up today and still experiencing the same level of fatigue despite having rested. It's disheartening to realize that the weariness persists.

But I won't allow myself to stop. Not today. I must continue writing at least three more posts before resting and preparing for tomorrow when I'll dive back into writing my next book. I can't keep solely promoting "iPERIMENOPAUSE: The Latest Upgrade to the Operating System of my Life - Malfunction: Hormonal Mayhem." It's taking a toll on me.

Writing is my refuge; without it, I'd go mad. These are the genuine emotions of a real writer who needs to earn a living from their work.

Previously, I struggled to comprehend the need for the adjective "real" before words like "real food" or "real kindness." To me, food is real, kindness is real, and adding "real" seems redundant. Don't you agree?

However, in today's society, one must question how much of anything is truly real. I'm inclined to write about it, channeling the perspectives of philosophers like Schopenhauer, Cioran, and all the nihilists and cynics out there.

The launch of "iPERIMENOPAUSE: The Latest Upgrade to the Operating System of my Life - Malfunction: Hormonal Mayhem" was far from typical, devoid of fireworks, book signings, or extravagant parties. It didn't take place online either. I didn't have the time or energy to gather people. Instead, it was a simple book publishing, almost anonymous and unnoticed.

You know what? 
If I can overcome this burnout, I will write about the challenges writers like myself face in this insane publishing industry. Although others have covered the topic before, my perspective may shed new light on the already known harsh realities.

After submitting the paperback cover once again, I found myself resting against my will. There was no pride, no sense of relief—just an overwhelming exhaustion.

While many authors eagerly anticipate holding their books in their hands, I am the opposite. I dread the thought. This feeling has always haunted me, and I'm terrified at the idea. In fact, during my only book launch in Romania in 2019 for "14 nuante de rosu" (by Cristina G. – my pen name), I didn't even request a copy from the publishing company. 

I only signed the books that people asked me to. Even at home, I didn't hold it in my hands to examine or feel it. It was just an object. And that is truly sad because I love books and adore the smell of ink, hearing the pages rustle under my fingers. I have always dreamt of having an entire library in my house, with walls covered in shelves filled with books. But since I started writing books, I felt ashamed to call myself a writer, and a library has become nothing more than an illusion. 

blonde woman in black trousers lying on the grass


But that's a topic I will explore in another post—the impostor syndrome.

The title of the blog is "I did it! 'iPERIMENOPAUSE: Hormonal Mayhem' is now available in both paperback and eBook formats!" because I wanted to convey that I managed to submit the print cover on the same day as the release of my hybrid book. 

I am not proud of the cover, but it's the best my blind and foggy perimenopausal mind could come up with.  

red and white book print cover: iPerimenopause

And now I really have to rest. Maybe have a coffee. Oh, God! 

As always, it's been a privilege to have your attention. 
I wish you a spectacular day. 
emoticon Smile holding a heart

Thank you so much for taking the time to dive into my words. It's been an absolute privilege to entertain your curious mind. 

Now, if you've got an insatiable appetite for reading books books for free and review them for fun, I've got an offer that will make your literary taste buds tingle! 

Check my Amazon author profile by clicking here to see my books signed with Cristina G. or here to find my books signed with Cristina Gherghel.

Select a book of your choice, and all you have to do is reach out to me using the contact form.
I'll gladly send you an electronic version of the book that captures your interest. 
Feel free to request as many books as you'd like. 

Here are my Goodreads author profiles where you can explore and discover my work. Since I used a pen name in the past (apparently), I have two names to add a touch of complexity to my life.

Remember, your reviews are like the sprinkles on top of my writing sundae, so I eagerly await your witty thoughts and captivating feedback. Let's spread the joy of reading together!

P.S. Don't forget to bring your sense of humor along for the ride. 

Gear up for an exciting and humor-laden excursion!

Credit video, audio and pictures: most are mine, some are from Pixabay, some other are from PNGtree


Post a Comment

In a world of negativity, critics, war, and sadness, be an author of positivity, spreading smiles and hugs like a joyful warrior!
PS: If you have something you'd like to share with me privately, please utilize the contact form. Thank you for your valuable time and thoughtful consideration.

Previous Post Next Post