Cristina Gherghel: A Writer Who Turned Dream into Reality

I am Cristina Gherghel, but you might have never heard of my name. 
However, if you're passionate about memoirs reading (especially), you've surely heard of Cristina G. – with a period. 
That's how I signed my books between 2016 and 2018 when I independently entered the literary world. The period was the symbol of my rigor but also of mystery. Who hides behind this name?

Well, I am a person who followed my dream, even though it seemed impossible. The seventh girl and the eleventh child of my parents, I grew up in Gherăești, Neamț County in Romania, under Ceaușescu's communist regime. 
I spent my childhood between work at the agricultural production cooperative (CAP) and school. Time for reading was a luxury, so I read at night, secretly, by the light of a candle. During the day, when my brain wasn't occupied with studying, I lost myself in stories, dreaming of reading and writing, creating, and sharing anecdotes that would touch, inspire, and change lives. 

At 24, I left the country and lived two decades in Italy and England, having various professions and experiences, getting to know different people and cultures. All of these opened my horizons and offered me a profound perspective on sensitivity, compassion, and respect for others.

At 40, in England, after 32 years of ignoring my dream, I had an existential crisis of astronomical proportions, making me realize that my dream was not a utopia but a possibility. And I immediately began working with my whole being on it.

In 2023, I decided to retreat to Bulgaria, where I found the necessary tranquillity to dedicate myself to writing full-time. 
Here, away from the hustle and bustle of civilization, far from the madding crowd, I work on transforming my dream into reality. That doesn't mean I am exempt from normal life problems. 
Regardless, today, I can say that I am a fulfilled writer, even if not (yet) famous. 

blonde girl with long pink dress staring at the sea

Passionate about human behaviour, the depths of the mind, and interpersonal relationships, I write about sensitive topics such as discrimination, abuse, manipulation, and their effects on mental health. But I also write about the power of motivation and positive thinking, about overcoming limits and fulfilling desires. My books are addressed to those who need guidance, inspiration, a ray of hope.

Because I have much to say on different topics, I don't limit myself to a single literary genre. Through novels, memoirs, self-help and personal development books, and even cookbooks, I express my authentic perspectives.

Although I don't have the ability to visualize, I am an eclectic writer who expresses creativity in various ways. If you are a sensitive person, I'm sure you will find many things to identify with.

My name is Cristina Gherghel, "I am that, I am," and I invite you to the fascinating world of words, shaped by my experiences, pains, interests, and aspirations for a better world and society.

In my books, you'll find real or imaginary stories that take you through time and space, through suffering and love, disappointment, and hope. You'll find practical advice that helps you know yourself better, develop personally and professionally, and improve your relationships with others. You'll also find delicious original and traditional recipes that delight you with aromas and flavours, making you feel at home wherever you are. 
Essentially, you'll find a significant part of me that I share with generosity and sincerity. 

I invite you to discover my reality, that of a person who perceives the world without the filter of imagination. I encourage you to read my creations, available in all virtual bookstores worldwide. 

Here is a list of some of my books in English and Romanian: 

A few titles in Romanian signed with Cristina G.

In English signed with Cristina G.
  • Half my Age plus Seven – A Sinful Confession – I don’t reccomend this one
  • Half my Age plus Seven – Too Good to be True – Idem
  • iLive
  • God is Weary
  • Oranges at Christmas in a Communist Country
  • Ten Years in Italy, Three Weeks a Human
  • Humans Cursed by Geography in the Pursuit of Happiness
  • Racism Without Racists – The Truth about Immigration
  • Childless – How to Cope with Endometriosis & Vulvodynia
  • Author for Life or for a Living?
  • It's Never Game Over – An Informal Self-Help Publication 
Books signed with Cristina Gherghel (from 2022)

In English: 
  • THE PERIMENOPAUSE HANDBOOK : A Hybrid Guide to Hormonal Wellness & Self-Care
  • iPerimenopause—The Latest Upgrade to the Operating System of my Life: Malfunction: Hormonal Mayhem
In Romanian: 

Nonfiction: memoirs, self-help and personal development 
Novel/Roman
  • O iubire comună: Labirintul incompatibilității dincolo de nevoi și iluzii

Coming soon – titles in progress: 
  • Utopia umanității
  • Blesteme de mamă
  • O viață în durere – Despre și pentru femei
  • Introvertitul: Omul invizibil – Note din penumbra socială
  • Comunism & Ceaușescu: Cine nu ar fi apăsat pe trăgaci în 1989?
  • Când părinții devin copii: Pentru tinerii de azi și bătrânii de mâine
  • Ce ești azi, ai decis ieri – Cum îți așterni, așa dormi – Fă lumină în viața ta
Romane – Coming very soon: 
  • Eugenia
  • Flori de cireș
  • Șuvițe de viață
  • O viață în cuvinte
  • Reparatorul de piane
  • Și dacă ploaia s-ar opri
  • Lejeritatea ființei umane
Once again, I am Cristina Gherghel: a writer who turned dream into reality. I am that, I am. 

emoticon Smile holding a heart

Thank you so much for taking the time to dive into my words. It's been an absolute privilege to entertain your curious mind. 

Check my Amazon author profile by clicking here to see my books signed with Cristina G. or here to find my books signed with Cristina Gherghel.

Here are my Goodreads author profiles where you can explore and discover more of my work. 
Since I used a pen name in the past (apparently), I have two names to add a touch of complexity to my life.

  • https://www.goodreads.com/cristina_gherghel
  • https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/16277613.Cristina_G_ 

Remember, your reviews are like the sprinkles on top of my writing sundae, so I eagerly await your witty thoughts and captivating feedback. Let's spread the joy of reading together!

Credit video, audio and pictures: most are mine, some are from Pixabay, some other are from PNGtree. 


Post a Comment

In a world of negativity, critics, war, and sadness, be an author of positivity, spreading smiles and hugs like a joyful warrior!
PS: If you have something you'd like to share with me privately, please utilize the contact form. Thank you for your valuable time and thoughtful consideration.

Previous Post Next Post