iPERIMENOPAUSE: My hybrid book hardcover has issues

I thought that after investing so much time into creating a cover—seriously, days of effort—courtesy of aphantasia, submitting it to Amazon would be effortless. 
The process is easy, mind you, if you have formatted your book and cover correctly. However, for someone like me who has very little knowledge about creating a proper cover, it becomes quite challenging. 

My hybrid hardcover for my latest book, "iPERIMENOPAUSE: The Latest Upgrade to the Operating System of my Life - Malfunction: Hormonal Mayhem," has issues and wasn't accepted, presumably because of the writing on the back, I hope. If the front also has similar issues, 
I'll have to completely change the cover. Maybe that wouldn't be such a bad idea after all. 
I don't exactly adore this cover, but it's decent. I think... 
I was told it's unique. 
Well, of course, all book covers are unique, aren't they? 
Anyway, I know the feedback was more of a polite gesture. They didn't know what to say, so to avoid hurting my feelings, they said, "It's a unique cover." 
Personally, I would have preferred if they had used the word "interesting." That's the term I use when something isn't to my liking. 

But I'll take "unique cover" any day, to be honest. I am grateful for the feedback. I know it could have been much worse.

I used to be great at making covers, but I haven't made one in four years, and now I realize that I can't remember a thing about creating them. It took me ages to learn Photoshop back in 2017, and I remember thinking I would never be able to do it. When it comes to software and creative design, I feel completely lost. My mind keeps telling me, "No, lady, you can't do it. It's impossible." 

Anyway, juggling between promoting my hybrid book (memoir, journal, and how-to) "iPERIMENOPAUSE," blogging, and engaging with others online, creating the perfect hardcover is proving to be quite challenging, to say the least. 

And when I say "socializing," I don't mean actual socializing. I'm simply posting content on my social networks, which currently have no followers since they are new, and then I attend to other tasks. 

Occasionally, I take a moment to breathe. 

Now, seriously, I've been talking about the hardcover when I just realized I should have said paperback cover. Once they approve the paperback version, I will submit the hardcover. 

Why on earth am I publishing "iPERIMENOPAUSE" in all these formats? It doesn't really make sense, does it? 

Who would want a hardcover edition of a book about perimenopause? I must be absolutely crazy. 

Oh, something new has just happened: Facebook has blocked my access. 

It seems my new shiny pages must have raised suspicions. I mean, why did I have to use the same photo as on my old accounts? 

I think I'll give up on trying to connect with my readers on social networks. It's just not working for me. If I had only one account, it would be easier. But I literally have at least 50 pages, groups, and platforms to manage. 

As for blogs, I have at least a hundred of them. 

Blogger stopped me from opening new blogs on my first account. 
Don't believe me? 
Check it out by clicking here https://draft.blogger.com/profile/09734612303574078932

Now, I'll get back to fixing the hardcover. I must focus on it since it's causing me a lot of stress. My fear, though, is that it might get accepted right away, which means my hardcover or paperback of this new shiny book, "iPERIMENOPAUSE," will be published before my eBook. That would be bad and a terrible oversight on my part. But hey, it's a learning experience. I'll do better next time. 

By the way, do you know where to order my book from? No? 

Well, you can order it from here (click) and experience the life-changing magic of "iPERIMENOPAUSE.

red and white cover book on a wood monitor

And if you're feeling extra adventurous and have some free time between saving the world and rescuing kittens from trees, please leave a review wherever your heart desires—Goodreads, Google, here, or even on my social networks. 

Who knows, your review might just become the stuff of legends, whispered by bookworms for generations to come! 

emoticon Smile holding a heart

Thank you so much for taking the time to dive into my words. It's been an absolute privilege to entertain your curious mind. 

Now, if you've got an insatiable appetite for reading books books for free and review them for fun, I've got an offer that will make your literary taste buds tingle! 

Check my Amazon author profile by clicking here. Choose a book then... 

Simply give me a shout through the contacting form, and I'll send you an electronic version of the book that tickles your fancy. 

You can ask for as many as you like. 

Remember, your reviews are like the sprinkles on top of my writing sundae, so I eagerly await your witty thoughts and captivating feedback. Let's spread the joy of reading together!

P.S. Don't forget to bring your sense of humor along for the ride. 

Gear up for an exciting and humor-laden excursion!

Credit video, audio and pictures: some are from Pixabay, some from PNGtree

Post a Comment

In a world of negativity, critics, war, and sadness, be an author of positivity, spreading smiles and hugs like a joyful warrior!
PS: If you have something you'd like to share with me privately, please utilize the contact form. Thank you for your valuable time and thoughtful consideration.

Previous Post Next Post